Sunday, November 13, 2011

Why Did I Take AP Lit?

If someone told me that I would be taking AP Lit my Senior year a couple years ago, I would have called them nuts. Every time someone asks what class I'm in and I tell them, they say that I'm too smart. I respond by saying that I did not take AP Lit to make myself seem smart, I took it to gain more knowledge about many different types of literature. I never found reading fun at any point in my life, it just seemed like a waste of time to me. "The Great Gatsby" was the first book that I liked to read, so I ran with it. During my Junior year, my English teacher opened me to a new world of fantastic books and poems that no one ever showed me before. By reading books I liked, I began to enjoy reading more and more. Now, in AP Lit, I'm not just reading books that prepare me for the AP exam, I'm reading books that I like too! I took AP Lit to be in a class full of people that want to learn English as much as i do. In the past, there was always those people who didn't care and interrupted creative discussions with irrelevant statements. I love the AP Lit atmosphere because I learn while having fun with others who have the same passion as I do.




No comments:

Post a Comment