Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Diary of a Player By Brad Paisley

Before I write about this fantastic book, there is a little background that I would like to share. In Summer 2009, I met Brad Paisley at the Delaware State Fair in Harrington, DE. He was exactly what I thought he would be and much more, except being tall. I remember that moment clearly when we looked into each other's eyes and I knew that I wanted to be just like him. It took a few years to get around to it, but I finally started playing guitar. Now, for the book. To briefly explain the book, it is sort of an autobiography and sort of not. I felt like he was in front of me the entire time and I was the fly on the wall. Although it may be classified as an autobiography and boring, I had a lot of fun reading about his life, especially the part when he says that he received a D in his guitar class. The entire time I read the book, I was on a roller coaster of emotions. If you have ever played a musical instrument, you know that it can be hard at first and most people take a break or quit. Like Brad, I went though this stage and I felt like we connected of those grounds. I have never read a book that I connected so much to and it felt great to know Brad and I felt the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment